Breaking: President’s Budget Eliminates Public Media Funding
Without this critical seed funding, local stations may be forced to go off-air or cut the programs you love and the public services your community relies on. Your community could lose access to educational content for children, emergency communication services, local programming, trusted news and more.
Act now to save your stations. Sign this petition urging Congress to continue the essential funding for public media and your local stations.
Show your support for public media
Federal funding helps PBS stations like WEDU, and others across the country, to provide educational programs free from commercial interference – programs that expand children’s minds, documentaries that open up new worlds, trusted and unbiased news reporting, and regular forays into the worlds of art, music, theater, and dance.
Some say there is no longer a need for federal support of public broadcasting, but national research has confirmed that PBS is the most trusted institution and is considered an “excellent use of tax dollars." Learn more
We hope you’ll take action to support WEDU and other public broadcasting stations across the country. There are a few ways to show your support:
- Join the Protect My Public Media Action Network to get important updates and ways that you can speak out for public broadcasting. Register here
- Follow Protect My Public Media on Facebook and Twitter.
- Tell your story to the Protect My Public Media community. We want to hear why local stations and programs are important to you! Learn more
- Share the Protect My Public Media campaign with your friends, family, and community. Help us spread the word! Learn more
- Send a Letter to your elected officials and tell them to support funding for public media:
|Bill Nelson||(202) 224-5274||@senbillnelson|
|Marco Rubio||(202) 224-3041||@senrubiopress|
|Daniel Webster||11||(202) 225-1002||@RepWebster|
|Gus Bilirakis||12||(202) 225-5755||@repgusbilirakis|
|Charlie Crist||13||(202) 225-5961||@RepCharlieCrist|
|Kathy Castor||14||(202) 225-3376||@USRepKCastor|
|Dennis Ross||15||(202) 225-1252||@repdennisross|
|Vern Buchanan||16||(202) 225-5015||@vernbuchanan|
|Tom Rooney||17||(202) 225-5792||@tomrooney|