About the WEDU Be More Awards
- The WEDU Be More Awards are open to all nonprofit organizations located in the WEDU PBS viewing area. This includes: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Desoto, Highlands, Hardee, Polk, Osceola, Orange, Lake, Sumter, Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco Counties.
- The submission of an application or nomination is free of charge to all nonprofit organizations.
- Organizations may apply in more than one category by submitting a separate and distinct application packet.
- All campaigns, events, projects, and programs must have occurred between September 1, 2013 and August 31, 2014.
- Application packets must be submitted in an organized and cohesive manner using the official 2014 WEDU Be More Awards application available for download. Submissions not meeting this condition will not be eligible for an award.
- All submissions become the property of WEDU PBS and will not be returned.
- The winning organizations will be announced during the WEDU Be More Awards luncheon and ceremony on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at A La Carte Event Pavilion in Tampa, FL. (Tickets are required to attend.)
The WEDU Be More Awards consist of a variety of categories. Please review the categories to determine the format of your submission. Some categories will require a completed, printed and signed application (available for download) with supporting materials, while other categories require an online nomination.
If the category you are applying for requires a completed, printed and signed application, all requested information must be included or the applying organization will not be eligible for an award.
For application categories:
- Include 2-4 examples of materials supporting your application that demonstrates why your organization is the most deserving of a WEDU Be More Award.
- Applications must include a current copy of organization IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) status.
- Submitting organizations must include six (6) identical submission packets including your 2-4 examples to be distributed for judging. Copies of your WEDU Be More Awards application must be included with each packet. Applications and supporting materials will not be returned.
Award applications must be postmarked by October 30, 2014. WEDU is located at 1300 N Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33607. Applications may be delivered to WEDU Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hand delivered applications must arrive by 5 p.m. on October 30, 2014. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Final judging will take place from November 3, 2014 to December 5, 2014. The WEDU Be More Awards judges are impartial business, philanthropic and civic leaders from the WEDU viewing area. Judges will not review any organization’s application with which they have a personal or professional affiliation. All applications will be screened by WEDU staff members to ensure application criteria are met. Judges will not review incomplete applications. All judging is based on a point system. Top nominees in each category will be notified via telephone and a letter from WEDU no later than December 31, 2014. All decisions are final.